NGV/bioNGV, a concrete alternative to petroleum fuels
VOLVO FE CNG, a new opportunity to reduce polluting émissions
The new Volvo FE CNG (compressed natural gas) is a low emissions vehicle developed especially for short driving operations as well as fréquent stops and starts, such as garbage collection and local distribution.
Characteristics of the Volvo FE CNG
- Carrier configuration 4 × 2 (19t) or 6 × 2 (26t)
- 9 litre G9K gas motor compliant with Euro 6 standards, spark plug technology development 320 HP/1 356 Nm
- Fully automatic gearbox
- Short cab
- System of tanks holding up to 160 m³ of methane gas
- 2 × 4 or 2 × 3 compressed natural gas tanks attached to each side of the chassis.
Information about methane
- Methane gas can designate both biogas and natural gas.
- Both have a high methane content.
- Natural gas is a fossil dating from 40 to 500 million years, extracted using deep wells in the Earth's crust.
- Biogas is similar to natural gas, but it's a renewable gas from the decomposition of organic matter by bacteria in an anaerobic environment. One can produce it with waste and other organic matter.
- When a vehicle runs on biogas, carbon dioxide emissions are reduced by up to 70% compared to diesel.
Plus d'infos Volvo FE GNC
Volvo FE GNC (T2014_0429)
Fiche produit Volvo FE GNC (en français)
Product file Volvo FE CNG (en anglais)